Quarantine & Chill Date
JAR OF FUN:
Using popsicle sticks or paper, each of you write 1 game/activity that you want to do (1 per piece). Once you fill them out, put them in a jar. Each day, draw one out and do that as a couple. Tip: You can also make this fun for the whole family!
You'll find several games and activities below to help you have fun during this difficult time. You could add these to your 'Jar of Fun' and write your favorites on the popsicle sticks, or just do them as you go.
1. Picture Collage/Shadow Box: Pick out a few of your favorite pictures and memories and put them together. This could be for a wedding, baby, anniversary, special occasion, etc. For inspiration: https://lezgetreal.com/shadow-box-ideas/
2. Dress Up Date Night (Or Family Night): Getting sick of wearing PJs every day/night? Miss getting dressed up and going out? Set a scene at home and get all dressed up for it. You could also take turns surprising one another with a romantic date night in.
3. Questions: Take turns answering these questions to learn more about one another. https://bondingbees.com/pages/questions
4. Dance Lessons: We've compiled some fun country dance moves to learn, and a great play list to practice with. Everything needed is here: https://bondingbees.com/pages/videos
5. Learn Your Love Language: Familiar with the 5 Love Languages? Click this link to learn more and take the quiz! https://bondingbees.com/pages/learn-your-love-languages (They also have quizzes for kids)
6. Card games for 2: https://bondingbees.com/pages/cards
7. Create a Family Mission Statement: Coming together as a couple (or family) and agreeing on what's important, what values you believe in, and how you hold one another accountable, helps keep you stronger and on the same page. Come up with your own mission statement using these steps to guide you: https://ashleyvarner.com/how-to-write-a-family-mission-statement-and-why-you-need-them/
8. Mystery Bag Bake Off: A popular activity from one of our previous boxes, Sweet Like Honey, was our Mystery Bag Bake Off. This can include the whole family! First, divide into teams and choose a course: breakfast, dinner, dessert?
Then, each team secretly pick 4 or 5 ingredients for the other team and put them into a bag. Set a timer (20 minutes maybe) and when you begin, each team opens their bag of ingredients and try to make the best recipe!
You must use all ingredients given to you, but you're allowed to add in extra ingredients. (Of course, you can make your rules however you'd like)!! Then score each meal at the end and decide who wins!
9. Fish Bowl Game: Combines Taboo, Charades, and Password for 1 fun game night! https://bondingbees.com/pages/fish-bowl
10. Do something crafty: Pick a new craft to try together. Paint and sip at home? Pick a room to paint? An old piece of furniture to refurbish?
11. Quarantined Memory Box Let this unique time be a time to remember forever. Put together your own memory box that you can open up in 5, 10, or even 20 years from now.
To start, pick your box. Then grab some paper and choose any or all of these to add: Write secret letters to one another, write letters to you future self, make a bucket list together, future predictions, favorites, and anything else you might want to include.
Pictures: Take some fun selfies to include in your box. --Do your best fake laugh together --Share your best kiss --Scream and shout --Be your goofiest selves --Find any other favorite pictures to print out and include.
Find any other meaningful items to include.
After you've finished your popsicle stick activities, we recommend adding them to the box to look back on as well.