Don’t you just love fall? The leaves, the decor, and pumpkin spice everything! There’s also a lot of great date nights (and family nights) to enjoy both indoor and outdoor. We wanted to help you make the most of this season and hopefully try something new together, so below are some of our favorite things to do in autumn.
PS - Don’t miss the bonus ideas at the end!
1. Watch a scary movie. I’m definitely more of a romantic comedy kinda gal, but October is one of my exceptions to snuggle up and watch a super scary movie together. Here’s a list of 2017’s top horror movies. I’m excited (and scared) to go see the new remake of IT.
2. Carve Pumpkins. You’ve most likely carved pumpkins before, but have you picked a really cool pattern to design in your pumpkin?! I haven’t and that is on my to do list this fall! This list has over 700 patterns to choose from and you can buy a carving kit for $9 at Walmart Here
3. Make a Leaf Craft. For any couples feeling creative, there are so many fun leaf crafts that you can try together! Here’s a great list to choose from. We’re excited to try out the leaf bowl!
4. Make a pumpkin recipe. Fall food is the best, but what’s even better? Pumpkin fall food! Trying a new recipe together makes for a great date night, and one of these is sure to be a winner for you! Prefer something simple? Roasted pumpkin seeds are fun, easy, and yummy!
5. Read a book together. Whether you literally read aloud to one another, or read a chapter and then recap together, reading together is a great way to bond and connect over something new and inspiring. Here’s a list of 8 motivational books to check out. If you’re Christian, you could also consider reading a book from the bible, or even doing a bible study together. Here’s a list of printable bible studies, even some great ones for beginners.
6. Make a photo collage together. It’s always fun to walk down memory lane together! Go through all of your old photos, pick out your favorites to print out, and then get a big blank picture frame. When you sit down to tape them on together, you’re sure to be reminded of funny events from the past! Then pick the perfect spot to hang it up!
7. Have a photo shoot. Playing in leaves together is not only fun, but makes for a great photo shoot and date night. You don’t need to hire a professional, just get something like this Tripod Selfie Stick for $16.89. We use it and it works great!
8. Camping Indoors. This was a huge hit in one of our previous date boxes! Have some s’mores, build a big fort, and snuggle up inside. So romantic!
9. Decorate Together. If you’re used to decorating by yourself, switch it up this year and make it fun! As a couple (or family) go to your favorite Home Decor store and make a rule (each pick 2 favorite items to decorate with) or however many you decide. Then go home and decorate your front porch or a certain room together.
10. Bonding Bees date box. We deliver a complete date right to you with everything needed for a fun night in and a chance to reconnect. We have a lot of exciting things planned for Fall and Winter! Try it out and get $15 off any package with code DATENIGHT15 -- Get Started
1. Goodwill Date. Have you heard about this date that went viral?! We love it! Here's how it works: Set a budget - they chose $10 each. Then each person picks out their significant other’s surprise outfit. Once you're dressed up, go out to dinner (or somewhere in public)! Finally, you should post your pic to social media and challenge 2 other couples to do it next!
2. Trampoline Park. We went to a trampoline park for a day date recently and it was my first time going to one. I was expecting to just jump around on a lot of trampolines, but they had dodgeball, 2 different basketball areas, a pile of balls to dive in, and more! We had a blast! Learn more and find the closest one to you here.
3. Fall festival. There are so many different festivals and concerts going on this time of year. Find one that sounds like fun near you here and plan your date night!
4. Zoo. We recently did a day date to the zoo and had a great time. While we were there, we saw that there are special events going on for Fall that I really want to go back for. Check out the events calendar at the closest zoo to you and make a date out of it!
5. Shooting Range. I went to my first shooting range as a date and didn’t really know what to expect. If you’ve never gone to one, or even if you’ve never shot a gun before, that’s ok! We rented everything there, and they were happy to show us how to work the gun. Our shooting range was outside so we rented a golf cart and went around to different stations where we would shoot at. Similar to golf! It was a great stress reliever and a great bonding experience!
Bonus Tip #1. Go around the room and make a fall bucket list that you want to do together. Hopefully you find a few of these to put on it, but add anything else that sounds fun. Once you come up with your list together, put them on the calendar and commit to doing them this season.
Bonus Tip #2. Take turns surprising each other! Pick a day of the week (Friday?) and rotate each week. For example, week 1, you plan a surprise date night, then week 2, your significant other will! They could be simple indoor activities or outdoor.